Thursday, March 25, 2010

TOW: Ross and Rachel...You Know

Ross and Rachel: have their first official date. They go to a movie and come back to Monica and Rachel's. They start making out, but Rachel's too giddy to take it seriously and she keeps giggling. All her laughing ruins the mood. The next day, Rachel tells Ross she wants to have a romantic dinner to make up for her giggling. They're ready to go on their date, but Ross gets a page from the museum; one of the displays is messed up. He has to go in and Rachel goes with him, hoping it'll be a quick thing and then they'll have their date. The museum issue takes longer than Ross expected and by the time he's done all the restaurants are closed. Rachel suggests they reschedule, but Ross makes impromptu plans. They get juice boxes and sandwiches and go into the museum's planetarium. They start making out and this time Rachel doesn't laugh. They...you know...The next morning they wake up wrapped in furs in one of the museum displays. A church youth group is watching them.

Chandler and Joey: Joey buys new recliners and a tv for he and Chandler because his option was picked up by Days of Our Lives. They spend the entire episode sitting in their chairs, watching bad tv. Rachel tries to get them out of their chairs by saying she'll flash them, but it doesn't work. Phoebe tries, too. In order not to get up, the call for take out and have it delivered to Monica and Rachel's. They're watching Beavis and Butthead when the fire alarm goes off; they don't get up.

Monica: gets a catering job through her parents influence. Rachel's supposed to waitress for her, but Phoebe agrees to take over so Rachel can go on her date with Ross. Monica's working for Dr. Richard Burke (Tom Selleck) an ophthalmologist friend of her parents. Monica and Richard flirt; he spends more time in the kitchen than at his party. Monica schedules an eye appointment with him for the next day. At the appointment, there's a lot of tension between them. Richard tries to diffuse it, but they end up kissing. They go on a date, which Monica tells Ross about and he's not too pleased, since Richard is so much older. The date goes really well, until Richard shows Monica pictures of his grown kids and grand kids. They talk about their relationship and the twenty-one year age difference between them. They decide not to see each other anymore, but then kiss. Monica suggests they shouldn't make any decisions yet.

Phoebe: waitresses for Monica and notices the sparks between her and Dr. Burke. She suggests Monica and Richard date. She tries to get Chandler and Joey to go outside, but then Xanadu comes on and she's hooked, too.

  • Good episode, but I've seen it too often. There's not much excitement left.
  • I don't know what it means for an actor to get his option picked up, but I'm guessin' it's a good thing.
  • I freaking LOVE Richard. I'm not a huge Tom Selleck fan, or anything, but my god, Richard's great.
friends_cafe_org_tow_ross_and_rachel_you_know_96_
It takes a real man to brandish a sauce covered brush with such authority.

  • Chandler and Joey watch so much tv that they become enthralled by an infomercial for car wax.
friends_cafe_org_tow_ross_and_rachel_you_know_152_
You know you've hit rock bottom when you've got a Cheeto on your face.

  • Xanadu and Phoebe. It's like a match made in heaven.
  • I'm not too freaked out by age differences. I'm sorta the kind of person who thinks as long as you love your partner and they treat you well, it doesn't matter how old they are. Plus, Richard's pretty sexy. Just sayin'. Oh, and I thought Richard's wife died, not that they'd gotten a divorce. Hm.
  • Ross and Rachel finally have sex. The planetarium thing is pretty awesome.
friends_cafe_org_tow_ross_and_rachel_you_know_261_
I probably saw this episode for the first time when I was ten or eleven. I barely had an idea what sex was, let alone premature ejaculation. I was soo confused about why Rachel was upset about the juice box. I was like, 'yeah, it sucks you got juice on your clothes.'

  • Awwwwkward.

friends_cafe_org_tow_ross_and_rachel_you_know_287_
  • Hehehehe, I just saw this picture and had to post it.
friends_cafe_org_tow_ross_and_rachel_you_know_26_
Beautiful.

Oh. My. God.

"Alright, alright, but you better be wearing clothes when I open my eyes." -Chandler, being show a surprise by Joey.

"Now we can finally watch Green Acres the way it was meant to be seen." -Chandler, admiring the recliners and tv.

"I can't believe two cows made the ultimate sacrifice so you guys could watch tv with your feet up."
"Well, they were chair-shaped cows. They never would have survived in the wild." -Phoebe and Chandler, about the new recliners.

"It's James Bond." -Phoebe, seeing Dr. Burke for the first time.

"Who needs glasses?" -Richard, making an ophthalmologist joke at his party.

"You are so much the smitten kitten." -Phoebe, teasing Monica for flirting with Dr. Burke.

"Well yeah, but, y'know, uh, 27 is a dangerous eye age." -Monica, justifying her appointment with Dr. Burke.

"It would really help when I'm kissing you if you didn't shout out my sister's name." -Ross, coming home with Rachel after their first date.

"I'm sorry, it's just that when you moved your hands down to my butt, it was like 'woah! Ross's hands are on my butt!' -Rachel, making out with Ross.

"Yeah, but uh, it was 1982 and my Flock of Seagulls haircut was tickling her chin." -Chandler, telling Ross about a time a girl laughed at him when they were kissing.

"Listen, can you guys uh, speak up, it's harder for us to hear you when you lower your voice." -Chandler, trying to eavesdrop on Ross and Rachel.

"Good. They feel good. In my head." -Monica, talking about her eyes with Dr. Burke.

"Drops!" -Richard, trying to ease the sexual tension with Monica.

"No. Inside good. Outside baaaad." -Joey, when Phoebe tries to get them to stop watching tv.

" I--I love that man, he's like a uh, brother to dad." -Ross, learning Monica's dating Richard Burke.

"N--Homo-Habilis was erect; Australopithecus was never fully erect."
"Well, maybe he was nervous." -Ross and Chandler, as Ross deals with a phone call from work.

"I mean, I'm dating a man who's pool I once peed in." -Monica, their age difference with Richard.

"Ah, oh God. Oh, honey, oh that's ok."
"What? Oh no, you just rolled over the juice box." -Rachel and Ross, making out.





4 comments:

  1. I love Richard! He's so awesome.

    I totally didn't get the juice box thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how old I was when I first saw the juice box thing...I didn't start watching till high school, so I think I was old enough to get it. But I do remember when I first got it I felt SO proud of myself.

    I also never got why Tom Selleck guest starring was such a huge thing. I had no real idea who he was until years later. But I agree, Shannon, I still liked him even though I didn't realize who Tom Selleck was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I had no idea who Tom Selleck was, but I really liked Richard.

    I was also proud of myself when I saw this episode in reruns and finally understood, ha. I'm thinking I was probably fourteen or fifteen when it first aired. So probably old enough that I should have gotten it, but I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the juice box thing right away.

    When ever I see Tom Selleck I think "RICHARD!!!" I probably wouldn't care about him at all, except for the fact that he dated Monica.

    ReplyDelete